Thursday, August 26, 2010

Procrastination -- What's your take?

Procrastination, yep you read it correctly, that's my blog topic today.

See normally I am a take charge, get in and get things done kind of woman. However, every now and then the procrastination gene takes over, like it has today. Doesn't matter what I try and do, there conveniently is always something more important (distracting is more like it) that I just have to do. Leaving the one thing that I absolutely must get done to the last possible moment.

Take today for example: I was up early enough to write my blog before starting work (the corp. job that is), yet I didn't even turn the computer on. Nope had to do the dishes, move the outside trash can away from the house, clean out my purse, straighten a cupboard (I haven't been into that cupboard in 2 weeks.), etc. Using up all my time to write and publish my blog, oh darn.


What I would like to know is, who else out there is brave enough to admit to suffering from the procrastination bug?

Better yet, who is willing and brave enough to share (online for the world to see) their best procrastination story and the chaos it created?


Looking forward to reading all of your comments!


Cheers,
Tammy

3 comments:

divapixie said...

I'll bite. I procrastinate big time... well, OK.... maye that's not the right description.
I have a large list of things I want to accomplish. I usually decide either on paper or in my head what the priority or order of those things is and then.... I promptly ignore it and start wherever I please... and jump from task to task, often before I have completed the previous one. It's odd... it happens... all the time.

HarmonyInMetal said...

I am the queen of procrastination. The funny thing is I usually end up tackling a far less agreeable task that takes much longer than what it was I should've been doing to begin with.

Entwined Vines Jewelry said...

I can so relate to both of these stories. Even better I have been procrastnating on checking in on my blog this last week. Feel free to laugh at me I know I am laughing at myself on that one.