Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Holiday Jingles and Shopping Online!

Have you ever stopped and thought about the different music we hear around the Holiday's, in commercials and in the stores ?

Have you ever wondered how much of it is chosen not because it's good or people like it, but because it puts people in the right frame of mind to shop? 

I have!

Now don't get me wrong there are Christmas jingles that have been used for years, that I wouldn't give up for anything.   Yet, as I stop and think of the ones I hear in the stores and on the radio most frequently, I can envision the type of shopper that would be best suited for some of the most popular Christmas songs.

For your amusement and pondering I have listed my thoughts below, including a brand new 2010 jingle.

The Relaxed Shopper
             "Silent Night"
              "The First Noel"

*The Frenzied Shopper
            "Jingle Bell Rock"
            "Santa Claus is Coming to Town"

*The Happy Shopper  -- you know who you are, the ones that like to shop in the malls no matter what time of year it is.  (as I cringe and flee from the thought)
          "We Wish You a Merry Christmas"
          "Joy to the World"

         
Yes, if you have been following my blog, you will know that I avoid the mall at any and all costs, especially during the holidays.  So in that vein, the following section is for those doing part or all of their holiday Christmas shopping on line, including a brand new 2010 jingle in support of shopping for Handmade items online...


*The Internet Shopper --- 
         "Let is Snow"
         "Walking in a Winter Wonderland"

and

        Shopping Handmade Online at Artfire.com



Now you have a handy list of shopping mood music.  If your looking to try something new or jump in with both feet and  transition from mall shopping to online shopping permanently.  As well as a great excuse to check out Artfire.com.  You can click on anyone of the many links on our blog for easy access to Artfire.



Anyone willing to share their holiday shopping experience's?   We would love to hear them.....


Cheers
Tammy

No comments: