Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Featured Artisan of the week --- SunHorseDesigns

Welcome and Meet Sandy the talent behind




When and how did you first become interested in crafting?

I just started SunHorse Designs Studio 2 years ago. It was while I watching the Obama inauguration night festivities and saw several pieces of jewelry that I thought were very nice and said to myself "I can make those!!"

Coppery Emerald Earrings



How long have you been creating your chosen craft?

I started beading when I was a teenager (50 odd yrs ago) mostly Christmas items.

Black Onyx Peaceful Anklet



Does anyone in your family do a similar craft?

My son is Michael Lanier an acclaimed artist in oils, pen and ink and photography but I never thought I was artistic but I get so excited once I start on a piece.



What kinds of places have you displayed your craft in your life?

Because I'm a new to the art of selling jewelry I haven't shown anywhere except online and at a weekly farmers market in my area.

Murano Glass Earrings


What else do you do besides create these beautiful pieces?

I love to travel to an island off Cancun where my daughter does destination weddings and thus love incorporating nautical elements and sea life charms in my work.

Large Aqua Lampwork Beaded Bracelet

What is your favorite piece that you have created so far?

My favorite piece(s) is the Native Jewelry Set. I used antique silver metal for chains, turquoise and coral colored seed beads. I love jewelry designing with base metals such as copper, brass, antique silver and gemstones - the possibilities are endless.




Sandy's designs can be found at SunhorseDesigns.artfire.com
 

Black Onyx and Tibetan Silver Bracelet





No comments: