Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Jadjus Jewelry --- Featured Artisan


Our interview with jadjusjewelry:


When and how did you first become interested in crafting?

I have been interested in jewelry making for many years when I was a little girl string beads and making my own bracelets.



How long have you been creating your chosen craft?

I started creating beaded bracelets about thirty five years ago.

 Bracelet Lampwork Siam Twins

What are your crafting influences?

My true influence came about 3 years ago when I decided I wanted to be more creative in making jewelry. At that same time I fell in love with lampwork beads and started collecting them.



Does anyone in your family do a similar craft?

No one in my family makes jewelry but I do have some family members that does painting and drawings.


 Lampwork Earrings Green Surf andTurf


What kinds of places have you displayed your craft in your life?

My major display have been only online apart from displaying to family and friends. My plans involves some craft shows in my surrounding area.



What else do you do besides create these beautiful pieces?

I'm an Accountant by profession for many years but currently not working mainly because of the weekly therapies my son has to do .



What is your favorite piece that you have created so far?

Most of my jewelry are my favorite because I designed and make them but the piece that is closest to me is a very special bracelet.



Why did you make that piece?

This bracelet is in honor of Autism Awareness. I have a son who is affected by this spectrum which is a daily challenge. A portion of the sales from some of my jewelry will be donated to a Center for Autistic children.

Autism Awareness Heart Lampwork Earrings
Autism Awareness Heart Lampwork Earrings


What does it take to create pieces like that?

It takes a lot of inspiration from the heart knowing the fact that I'm creating a piece for a worthy cause.



What is special about your pieces?

The lampwork beads designed in puzzles pieces and heart shape were specially made for me by an SRA Artisan.


Colored Puzzles Lampwork Earrings Autism Awareness
Colored Puzzles Lampwork Earrings Autism Awareness



What makes this kind of craft "good" to you?

It's good to me in the sense that I get so much compliment on almost evey piece I create.



Jadus Jewelry can be found here.

No comments: