Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Self Indulgence

I admit it, I have been a bit self indulgent this month.  Focusing my blogging on one of my great loves, which is gardening.  Yet, it isn't just the blogging, I love gardening and spending time out of doors, actually both Tina and I do.  Not only do we find it relaxing we also find it very inspiring for our jewelry designing.


As the new month of June begins tomorrow, I realize being self indulgent isn't necessarily a good thing.  You see it hasn't just been in my blogging, it has also been me spending as much time as possible in my garden.   While finding it life affirming, relaxing and most often meditative, being that self indulgent isn't practical.  I have been neglecting both large and small responsibilities.  It is time for me to get back to finding that balance that allows me to meet both my responsibilities and indulge my passions.   While I will still blog about gardening, it is time to get back to business and write some blogs about our jewelry business and follow thru on other personal responsibilities I have been neglecting. 


Do you have a hobby you are so passionate about that you will temporarily neglect your responsibilities to pursue?

2 comments:

Creative Critters said...

I love gardening too, and sometimes have a hard time finding a balance between working in the garden and the rest of my responsibilities. If only there were enough hours in the day to do it all!
-Michelle of CreativeCritters

Entwined Vines Jewelry said...

That balance is hard to find and even harder to maintain. We get pulled in so many directions, that oft times what gets passed up is what brings us the most joy.