Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Whimsy Wednesday 5/18/11

Spring Lilacs

Lilacs blooming in my yard is when I know spring has truly come to the Pacific Northwest.   As someone whom loves to garden, I am blessed to live in an area with such a temperate climate that allows for a long growing season.  Not only that but the variety we can grow here in the Northwest is vast and diverse.


Purple lilacs
Purple lilacs

Blooming lilacs
Blooming lilacs

Flowering lilacs
Flowering lilacs
Hope you have enjoyed a brief whimsical look at my blooming lilac bush.  While there is never enough time to garden with the busy lives we lead, I treasure every moment I spend in my garden.  For me it is relaxing, meditative and rejuvenating.  Not to mention inspirational for my jewelry designs.

This is a piece I created after spending some time in my garden this spring.  Be the first to see it, as of this posting it has not yet been listed in our studio.


Amethyst gemstone and amethyst wire Viking Knit Bracelet
Amethyst gemstone and amethyst wire Viking Knit Bracelet


What is one activity you treasure and would like more time for?


No comments: