Sunday, July 10, 2011

Garden Delights 7/10/11

Someone sent this too me during a point in my life I was having difficulties and I found it to be helpful in reminding me that this too shall pass...


"There is nothing more unpleasant than to tell anyone suffering under a calamity that there is no tangible remedy; but it is infinitely better to do so than to delude them with a false one.

I have been a worker of the soil since my boyhood, and every year's experience convinces me of the helplessness of remedies against insects or other blighting plagues that attack vegetation in the open field.  It is true that the amateur gardener may save his dozen or two of cabbages or roses by daily picking off or destroying the insects; but when it comes to broad acres, I much doubt if ever any remedy will be found to be practicable."

----Peter Henderson,
Gardening for Profit  1874


This quote reminds me that not everything is or can be in my control.

No comments: