Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Shymousee Handmade Clothes --- Featured Artisan

Read our interview with Shymousee Handmade Clothes and more:



When and how did you first become interested in crafting?

I have been doing some kind of craft most of my life.




How long have you been creating your chosen craft?

I have been making candles and sewing for probably 30 years. I learned how to make candles and sew from my mom when I was a young child.

Beautiful Blue Hexagon Pillar Candle Strong Blueberry Scent

What are your crafting influences?

My daughter



Does anyone in your family do a similar craft?

My mom would sew, make candles, needle point.



What kinds of places have you displayed your craft in your life?

I have displayed a variety of pieces in various places.

Vanilla Scented Yellow Pillar Candle MultiColors Marble Relaxing

What else do you do besides create these beautiful pieces?

I work in the IT Field, mostly doing networking or database administration.



What is your favorite piece that you have created so far?

I think my favorite pieces would be the multicolor pieces. My daughter and I were goofing around and made them.



Why did you make that piece?

Because I was making it with my daughter and I got to spend some time with her.

Lavendar Scented Star Container Candle Soothing Relaxing Calming

What does it take to create pieces like that?

It takes swirling color around in the mold then adding wax that has been cooled.



What is special about your pieces?

I got to spend time with my daughter.



What makes this kind of craft "good" to you?
 
I can spend time with my daughter.
Beautiful Red Square Rose Scent Candle Very Romanitc Great Gift

No comments: