Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Featured Artisan --- Majestic Blue

 Step in and get to know the talent behing Majestic Blue, Tina Sanchez.


My business name is Majestic Blue. Under this are two sister sites. I will explain in a minute. I started making jewelry in 2006. Then, I used plastic beads, plated silver and gold, and regular thread. I decided that I really liked making jewelry so I started buying real stones, glass beads, real silver (being sterling) and some gold and copper. My jewelry is one of a kind. Now that's not all that I do. I learned recently how to bead with a loom. Now I'm making up my own designs and making beaded hat bands. I also make Christmas Ornaments with Delica Beads. These items are listed on my website under the name of Majestic Crystal Rose, located on Artfire.

majesticcrystalrose

 Now here is the other side of me. In 2008, I suffered from a deep depression that caused me to be placed in the hospital for a couple of days. When I got out, I stopped in at a local quilt shop that had just opened up. I took my first quilting class. I found that I loved it so much that I took my second class and kept going from there. Now my sewn pieces are listed in my sister site Blue Desert Roses, which can be found on Artfire.

BlueDesertRoses
Most of my family creates someone whether it is cross stitch, quilting, beading, sewing, ceramics, so on and so forth. I have tried so many different things and I want to learn so much more. The biggest influence in my crafting I would say is my Grandmother. Every time she would come for a visit, I couldn't wait to see what she was making in her "shut in". She always had something new.


Right now I have some pieces in a gallery on the outskirts of Santa Fe, NM. I also do craft shows throughout the year. The time it takes for me to make can take anywhere from a couple of minutes to a couple of days. I'm 100% disabled so this is what I have to keep me busy and to earn a little extra spending money. I am always taking custom orders on quilts.


One of my favorite quilts that I made is my "Pride and Joy". This quilt is throw size and she is done in the stained glass method. She took me about 3 weeks to complete.

Isn't she beautiful?


 
My favorite jewelry or beaded item is probably my hat bands. These are also one of a kind pieces.  This was the second one I have made.



My crafting keeps my depression from getting out of control most of the time. I have to stay busy most days.

1 comment:

Tina Sanchez said...

Since this post I have changed my business name. It is now Blue Desert Rose. I still have the one website listed under Majestic Crystal Rose.