Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Featured Artisan --- The Wild/Art From Das

Welcome, come in and get to know the talent behind


Art From Das


thewild

How long have you been creating your chosen craft?

About 2 Years I Love Animals and Nature.


Does anyone in your family do a similar craft?

No one else paints in My Family but I am teaching my Grandson.

Raccoon  Hand Painted Tile Art

 
What kinds of places have you displayed your craft in your life?

I do art and craft shows, and have some my art displayed on Art Fire, but only pieces that are easy to ship!

Hand Painted Owl on Copper Wooden Art

 
What else do you do besides create these beautiful pieces?


I Collect Stallions for Semen Distribution. I process the Semen for Frozen and AI.

I have done Raised Plaster works on clients walls and besides painting I love to garden!

I do work at Michaels’ as a seasonal fill in! :)



What is your favorite piece that you have created so far?

I have done a Tree of Life that hangs over my Fireplace and actually a few Tile pieces I have Kept! I wanted a LARGE Canvas for over my Fireplace.


Oak Tree Hand Painted on Canvas Original

Why did you make that piece?

It makes a nice conversation piece! I have done it with raised plaster on Canvas! It is the right colors for my Room!


What does it take to create pieces like that?

Time, time and more time plus my own unique style and it’s something I love to do. Which makes all the difference in the world in how the pieces turn out.


What makes this kind of craft "good" to you?

I enjoy painting and using different materials to paint on. I am at my most relaxed when I am painting!

Wolf Hand Painted Tile Art

2 comments:

Thewild by DAS said...

Thank you from the Bottom of my Heart. I was coming home from work tonite and couldn't wait to get here. Sorry I left so early this am Collecting Stallion for Fresians Ranch, then off to Arabian Farm, then to Michaels, and now HOME! Its Lovely. I really appreciate all your hard work! I LOVE it. Thank you Das

Entwined Vines Jewelry said...

Your very welcome. Your studio is lovely.