Tuesday, October 18, 2011

RM Designs -- Featured Artisan

Rebecca Minniear of RMdesigns

RMdesigns
When and how did you first become interested in crafting?

One day my daughter came home from California and sat down on the floor with beads in hand. She explained what and how she was creating her jewelry and I have been creating ever since.



How long have you been creating your chosen craft?

I started jewelry making some 10 years ago.

Chunky Red Coral & Turquois Sterling Silver Choker


What are your crafting influences?

As an artist, I dare to be different, use my creativity and believe in myself. I think these feelings show in my creative designs whether they are my original techniques or my new adventures.




Does anyone in your family do a similar craft?

Yes, my daughter makes jewelry also. We have different styles.




What makes this kind of craft "good" to you?

I work full-time in a stress filled position and creating jewelry is my release and passion! I have created over 2800 one-of-a-kind jewelry creations.


What kinds of places have you displayed your craft in your life?

My jewelry designs are for sale at craft shows, art shows, and Library art shows are big in our area. I have also rented booth space for sale of my designs. Right now my designs are in two retail locations and I am always looking for "just the right store" to place my jewelry. My jewelry can be found for sale online at RMdesigns on Art Fire along with a promotion facebook page at RMdesigns with a link to ArtFire.



What are some of your favorite type, styles and techniques of jewelry designing?

I love designing wire wrapped jewelry and a new media that I am now working with is - new designs using Vintage Jewelry Treasures. I am happy to give vintage treasures a new look and a new place to shine!


I am featuring a new creation called "Celebration"! Celebration was inspired with the coming of summer's vibrant colors of greens, yellows, and reds. It is a big, bold and beautiful strung piece!


Thanks for listening and I hope you enjoy my creations as much as I enjoy making them.

No comments: