Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Wooden Jewelry Boxes


I found that ArtFire has some fantastic artisans who create jewelry boxes of all sizes and shapes.

Jewelry boxes and small trinket boxes, especially wooden ones, have always fascinated me.  The texture of the wood once its been polished is soothing.  While the different types of woods and colors provide a fascinating decorative piece for years .
Artisan Jewelry Box in Ambrosia Maple
Jewelry Box in Ambrosia Maple

While the antique looking ones remind me of more romantic times.  When men wooed women and romance was the norm not the exception.
1950s Jewelry Box London Leather Japan
1950s Jewelry Box London Leather Japan


Fun and colorful jewelry boxes have their appeal.  The bright colors lend cheer to a room.

Large decoupage bright colors jewelry box trinket box 212
Large decoupage bright colors jewelry box trinket box

My favorite piece I have found so far.  The design is so unusual.  The contrasting light and dark woods give charater to the piece without detracting from the overall design.  If I had a desk I might actually use it there for all those little office supplies.
Artistry In Woodworking~Jewelry Boxes for Women~Anniversary Gift~Shop
Type of wood used in this jewelry box is Walnut with Birdseye Maple for the drawer pulls.

ArtFire has lots of small jewelry boxes that I found.  Including vintage, semi precious gemstone, decoupage, and more....

1 comment:

samsu burt said...

This is such a great blog post! Appreciating the hard work you put into your site. It’s awesome blog.
http://all4payday.com