Thursday, March 29, 2012

Staying the Course

The last couple of weeks have definitely presented challenges to staying the course in following our goals, dreams and wants and it has really got me to thinking about how people deal with those challenges.  Some stay the course, some give up entirely, some hit the pause button and resolve the issue as quickly as possible with as little disruption as possible.   Tina and I (Tammy) both have different methods of dealing with the challenges life presents us with.   Yet, as I have thought about this for a while one or two tools seem to remain constant, while others vary depending on the situation.  

One of the many tools, I use to remind myself of the want or desire, depending on your vocabulary preference, to stay on course, to work that extra hour when I would rather be doing something else is a quote that I have posted on my dream and goal wall.   


"Desire is the key to motivation,
but it's the determination and commitment
to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal---
a commitment to excellence
that will enable you to attain the success you seek."

                                                      By Mario Andretti


I have had this quote for years, however just recently reposted it so I see it daily.  Following our goals and dreams no matter how big or small definitely requires a vision, desire, commitment, determination and unrelenting pursuit.   Mario Andretti really summed this up nicely in a very clear concise manner.

Coming to a close on a very challenging couple of weeks I have been reaching deep to remain determined, because I know that what's around the next bend in life will be worth it.

What tools do you use to keep yourself on track in pursuit of reaching your goals and dreams?


2 comments:

NOTON by Raquel said...

I didn't know that quote but it's so motivating and true, Tammy!
I personally never thought about having tools to keep my course on track, but now that you made me think about that I can say that my tool is also desire, desire of creating more, desire of adding a little bit of "sunshine" into others' lifes through my creations! Ooooh, I could go on and on about this one :D

Entwined Vines Jewelry said...

Desire is a big key in staying motivated. Without desire there really doesn't seem to be a point.
Though even days we have the desire we can lack the motivation and that is where the tools come into play for me.