Saturday, May 12, 2012

Nachtrab Glass Studio Portland Saturday Market

I love stained glass, have since I was a kid and did my first piece with the kits you bake in the oven.  Oh I knew what real stained glass was, even then.  While I haven't created my own stained glass, it is on my life long education and to do list; I enjoy seeing others work in stained glass.  Nachtrab Glass Studio's, owned and operated by Susan and Jim Nachtrab does some beautiful work.


They are easy to find down at Portland Saturday Market.  Located on  middle corner in the vendor row closest to the food court this year.  Allows their work to sparkle in the sun and provides a view of how pretty it is on cloudy and rainy days also.



Small pieces that work well in any window.


A more traditional design with some beveling adds a three dimensional look.


The vairety of looks they offer is amazing.  This contemporary geometric piece in classic colors is astounding.


Repurposed frames lend another element to their designs.  This piece reminds me of the sea shore.



Stained glass wind chimes are always a delight.

Portland Saturday Market hours are:
Saturday 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Sunday 11:00 am to 4:30 pm

No comments: