Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Hectic Challenges and Portland Women's Show



We are gearing up for the Portland Women's Show in October.  Looking forward to it, as it should be a good venue.  However, have hit a snafu, had a bad batch of wire and have  to remake 400 pairs of ear wires.  Which may not sound like a lot, however when you are working on a thousand pairs of earrings, it does make for a hectic challenge in getting them done in a timely manner.





These earrings are half of 2,000 total that Tina and I are making to place in the door bags being given away as you enter the Portland Women's Show.   It is a fabulous Thank you gift for all the women attending the Portland Women's Show the second weekend in October.

However, I just realized that while I had all of my blogs written and set to post it appears that they are missing.  So with the wire snafu I am now juggling my entire schedule.  It appears all of my blogs for the next couple of weeks are good to go, now to find the missing ones.  

This is not a complaint it is just a fact of running a business.  We have heard from many that we make it sound easy as so many people do online, because we all want to put our best foot forward.  Sometimes though it is better, especially when dealing with online venues, to share some of the challenges.  For one it makes the business owner(s) more real.  While I won't be sharing every little snafu with you all, I will try and aim for the occasional realistic view.

No comments: