Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Bread Noteworthy Blogs 1-22-13

Bread, fresh, hot, still steaming steaming from the oven, smothered in real butter, sigh, sounds good doesn't it?   Yet, when living a Paleo lifestyle as I am, bread is a no no.  Or at least the bread of childhood is.  I don't crave bread products anymore, however sometimes I miss the atmosphere created from baking bread and the memories it invokes.  Other times it is even simpler and the convenience of being able to make a sandwich when life is really busy.   Fortunately, there are alternative recipes to be found that provide breads that are acceptable for a Paleo lifestyle.   I say acceptable as I personally use them strictly a rare treat.




Over at "Against the Grain" , author Danielle Walker, has shared her recipe for a Grain Free Sandwich Bread.  Not only is it grain free, it is also yeast free, and dairy free. What I really like about this recipe is it uses cashew butter instead of almond butter in the recipe.  I have a weakness for cashews!







Cooking Caveman with Jeff Nimoy


While over at Cooking Caveman, they have shared a recipe for flat bread they found.  A flat bread that can be used in place of flan, while not as light and delicate, it is delicious.




Do you have a favorite recipe?

No comments: