Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Black and White Owls Volume Two

While I have always loved black and white photography, it has never occurred to be to take my photos of owls in black and white.  I wish I had, the artisan's below who have worked the owl design in black and white have done a stunning job.  Different medians run rampant through this collection, from wall decals to pendants to etched glass and even a messenger bag.

The black and white lends an elegance to the owls and a depth of mystery that you sometimes lose when working in color.  While I work with a lot of color in designing jewelry I do the occasional black and white piece.  Usually though my black and white work is done with one of my other artistic pursuits, including photography and sculpting.





What do you think of the black and white owls.  Does it add something or lose something of the character of the owls for you?

No comments: